Monday, January 23, 2017

Time Strategies


Image Information: animated photo of a checklist. Web source: pixabay

I read the articles The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory Mackay, The Psychology of Checklists by Lauren Marchese and 4 Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination by Peter Banerjea. In the article by Mackay, I took away that sometimes just starting on a project or assignment is the best way to make it seem less daunting. This really hit home because I am terrible about dreading a task so much that I avoid starting on it. From the article by Marchese, I took that checklists can be very important in keeping me focused. It can also help me to feel accomplished which can help me to achieve bigger goals. The article by Banerjea showed me different ways in which I can combat procrastination. The solutions discussed that I found to be most helpful was focusing on my top three priorities each day and thinking about what will go wrong if I procrastinate. I plan on using all of these tools to help keep me on track this semester. I plan to try my best to work ahead to avoid falling behind. I am also focused on the fact that this is my last semester and I want to make sure I stay on track to graduate in May.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer! I also read that article about the importance of checklists! I liked it so much because I have always felt that crossing things off of a list is so rewarding it actually motivates me to get more done, so it was nice to have that theory validated. I also feel like my biggest obstacle when it comes to getting big projects done is not starting. I think because I am such a perfectionist, I wait until the last possible minute because i'm afraid of starting the project and not doing well on it.

    ReplyDelete