Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options

The unit I have chosen to read for Week 2 is "Aesop's Fables (Jacobs)". This unit really caught my attention because I read a fable from this book earlier in the week and I found it very interesting. I am most excited for the section of this unit that focuses on "Humans and Gods". I think I will really like this section because I am really interested in the more mystical, traditional mythology stories.

Image information: photo from "Aesop's Fables: Humans and Gods" the story Hot and Cold.

Another unit that caught my attention was "Beowulf". I found this unit interesting because I remember having to read stories about Beowulf in high school and I loved it. I would be very excited to read more stories like this.

I was also interested in the "Homer's Odyssey" unit. Again, I am really captivated by the mystic of traditional Greek mythology. I find the stories to be really interesting and adventurous kind of like the movie series Percy Jackson which is one of my favorites! 

The last unit I chose that would be interesting for me to read was "Myths of the Cherokee". I have taken many different classes in college over Native Americans but I have not had the chance to learn about the myths and tails that help make up their culture. The classes I have taken have mainly focused on their music and government relations. I am also part Cherokee which is why this unit specifically caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment