Monday, January 30, 2017

Feedback Thoughts: Week 2

Image Information: photo regarding feedback. Web Source: pixabay.

I read the following articles regarding getting feedback:

From these articles, I took away that feedback can often make us uncomfortable but it has the ability to help us to grow if we let it. Everyone has room to grow. When someone gives us feedback, they are not insulting the individual person but they are trying to help them realize possible things they can improve on. With the use of mindfulness and self-compassion we can react to feedback in a positive way. When we are confronted with harsh feedback we need to allow ourselves to be upset. We must also not demonize the person that give us negative feedback. We also need to determine which feedback we should act on and which feedback we should ignore.

I read the following articles regarding giving feedback:


From these articles, I took away that Feedforward is a beneficial way to give people feedback in a more positive way. Feedforward focuses on giving people suggestions on how to improve in the future rather than just showing them how they were wrong. We can also use feedback as a way to communicate to someone how they are doing without any judgment. Focus on your feedback as having a potential to help someone grow.




1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with everything you said. I think feedback can be very helpful. But you should also be aware that you don’t have to fix everything people comment on. And of course, you should definitely allow yourself to be upset, I think that can also motivate people. I can only speak for myself, but sometimes disappointment motivates me to make improvements.

    ReplyDelete