Friday, January 20, 2017

Storybook Favorites

The first Storybook that really caught my eye was "Once Upon An Antiques Shop". I was especially captivated by the picture which can be seen below. The topic is not really anything I have much experience but the title did do a good job of letting me know what the Storybook was about. The introduction really helped to grab my attention. After reading the introduction, I knew it would be one of my favorites. The creative style of the introduction is written to excite the reader and it certainly makes the Storybook sound like quite an adventure. I do like the physical layout of the Storybook. It is also fairly easy to navigate.


Image Information: photo of an antiques shop that is used in the Storybook. 

The second Storybook I found was "Delays and Layovers: Trials of Travel". I certainly have a lot of experience with this. My family and I used to live in two different states when I was younger and we traveled back and forth all the time. We almost always traveled by plane so we definitely had our share of trials. The introduction to this Storybook is written very well. The use of words makes it really easy to imagine what John is going through. The introduction draws the interest of the reader and makes them want to continue reading. I do like how the first page of this Storybook has a link to send you to the introduction. It makes for easier navigation. It is something I would like to include in my own projects. 

The last Storybook I found was "Rocky Mountain Tales". I have been to the Rocky Mountains before so I guess it could be said that I have some experience with the topic. The title does a great job of letting the reader know what to expect from the Storybook. The introduction did make me desire to continue reading the Storybook. I'm not the biggest fan of the colors used in the background as they are not as pleasing to the eye as the other Storybooks I chose. I like the physical layout of the Storybook overall but I want my Storybook to have a picture on the first page.

No comments:

Post a Comment