Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Ovid's Metamorphoses (Books 1-4), Part B

Image Information: an illustration of Narcissus with Echo. Web Source.

I enjoyed this section of the reading much more than I did part A. I especially liked the story of Narcissus and Echo. I read this story before but have not heard the entire background of the story leading up to the death of Narcissus. I feel as though there is a good lesson that is being portrayed here. I like the idea of re-writing the story of Narcissus but with a modern twist. I might keep the names of the characters and their personalities but I would like to put the event of Narcissus discovering himself in a modern time such as a new place and time period. I might also add a couple of other twists to the story, perhaps with different outcomes. I'm not quite sure the specific types of twists sand turns I would like to use but I will be brainstorming for the rest of the day to thoroughly think through the different options I have.

Bibliography: Ovid's Metamorphoses (Books 1-4) by Tony Kline; link to the online reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment