Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Reading Notes: Arabian Nights, Part B

Image Information: illustration of Aladdin and the princess. Web Source.

I really like this reading, as I was somewhat familiar with the basics of the story. However, I was only familiar with the Disney version of this story. I liked how there were many twists and turns in the story that constantly kept me guessing what was going to happen next. I have thought about possibly re-writing the story with different characters or a different setting. I could also possibly reverse the roles (i.e. the woman is in Aladdin's situation and marries a prince). I could also write the entering of the lamp into the story differently and completely write out the evil magician.

Bibliography: Arabian Nights by Andrew Lang; link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment