Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Reading Notes: Japanese Fairy Tales, Part A

Image Information: the girl with the wooden helmet. Web Source.

I really liked the story of the two frogs. I would consider using their characters in the retelling of a completely different story. Perhaps, one where their eyes being on the back of their head while standing up causes them a lot of problems.

The story of the stonecutter was also really interesting. I did find it interesting that his wishes continued to be granted despite how many he made. I think it would be more realistic that the mountain spirit eventually stopped granting his wishes.

The maiden with the wooden helmet was a really good story. I would be interested in retelling this story. I'm not sure exactly how I would choose to do that but I might expand on the story or switch a few things up.

Bibliography: Japanese Fairy Tales by Andrew Lang; link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment