Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Reading Notes: Chinese Fairy Tales, Part B

Image Information: cover for the Chinese Fairy Book. Web Source.

I did not like the ending to The Little Hunting Dog. If I chose to rewrite this story, I would retell it with a happier ending.

I like the story of Retribution. I thought about retelling this story with the same idea and outcome but a different setting and different characters.

I liked the story of The Maiden Who Was Stolen Away. Since I normally like to retell stories with a happier ending, I figured I could retell this story where she does not find out that he is an ogre and agrees to marry him.

It would be interesting to retell the story of The Flying Ogre. If I retold it, I would make the girl a human being that everyone wrongfully accuses of being an ogre. The monk would either lie and save her life or tell the truth and have her killed only to find out she was not an ogre.

Bibliography: Chinese Fairy Tales by R. Wilhelm, link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment