Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus

Image Information: photo regarding focus. Web Source: flickr.

I would say that I found the timer to be the most helpful. Then, I would say it was reading out loud and then the copy and delete method. I found the timer to be helpful because it reminded me to stay focused and take my time to really understand the story. Reading out loud helped me because it helped me to sort out exactly what was happening in the story. I found myself having to re-read less than I would if I read silently. The copy and delete technique did not work very well for me but I did like how it was easily combined with reading out loud. It was helpful to break down the story and make it less overwhelming. I was surprised by how the timer affected my reading. I did not think that I timer would help very much but it did. I have used reading out loud a lot in the past especially in this class. I will definitely try the timer and reading out loud in the future. The last story I read in this exercise was Chatoyant by Kathryn Jerome. I was absolutely amazed by how well this story was written and I was really sad when I reached the end of the story. I think it might be interesting in future weeks if I might use her story as inspiration and expand on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment