Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Reading Notes: Chinese Fairy Tales, Part A

Image Information: cover for a Chinese fairy tale book. Web Source: whyvisitchina.

I would be interested in retelling the story of The Favorite of Fortune and the Child of Ill Luck. I would want to retell it with a happier ending. Maybe her luck changed because of the man she married and her father sees her wonderful life with him and feels bad that he ever questioned her.

I would like to retell the story of Why Dog and Cat are Enemies. I'm thinking of either telling a new story for why they are enemies or telling of events after they became enemies in how their relationship changed. I have also thought about telling the story with a happy ending.

Bibliography: Chinese Fairy Tales by R. Wilhelm, link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment