Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Part B

Image Information: the curious cat that wants to meet the queen. Web Source: free stock photos.

BRAVE news is come to town;
Brave news is carried;
Brave news is come to town
Jemmy Dawson's married.


From this story, I gather that Jemmy Dawson is a terrible guy. I think it is saying that whoever would marry him must be brave. I could maybe tell a story about why Jemmy Dawson is someone you must be brave to marry.

Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, where have you been?
PUSSY-CAT, pussy-cat, where have you been?
I've been to London to look at the queen.
Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, what did you there?
I frighten'd a little mouse under the chair.


Maybe I could tell a story of a cat who has always wanted to go to meet the Queen. Maybe he had a lot of plans for when he got there but all he ended up doing was scaring a mouse and getting kicked out.

Bibliography: Nursery Rhymes by Andrew Lang, link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment