Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Reading Notes: Celtic Fairy Tales, Part A

Image Information: the cover to the Celtic Fairy Tales book. Web Source.

I liked the story about The Horned Women. I was confused though as the story never explains why the witches needed into the mistress' house so badly. I think it would be fun to write a back story to why the witches were trying to enter her house. I would also want to explain what their goal was through everything.

I like the story about The Shepherd of Myddvai. It kind of just reminded me of three-strikes and you're out. It would be interesting to tell a modern story of a troubled married couple where the wife eventually tells her husband that he has 3 more chances or she will leave. I would try to connect my story back to the original as much as possible.

Bibliography: Celtic Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs, link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment