Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Hunt), Part A

Image Information: Hansel and Grethel crossing the water. Web Source: Mythology & Folklore UN-Textbook

I was really intrigued by the story of Hansel and Grethel. I knew a little bit about the story to start but this was the first time I have actually read it. If I re-told this story, I would maybe tell an after story. When Hansel and Grethel returned home to their father, I had a lot of questions about what happened next. For example, did they become rich because of the treasures they brought home? Did they sell them or use them to buy food? Was Hansel fat from all of his eating? These are questions I would attempt to answer with my sequel. I also think it might be interesting to tell the story where the woman is still alive when they return. It would make for a lot of drama.

Bibliography: Brothers Grimm (Hunt) by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm, link to the reading online.

No comments:

Post a Comment