Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Class Improvements

Change Review Weeks to Planning Weeks:

I like the idea of changing the review weeks to planning weeks. I think it would be a great opportunity for students to work out their schedules and get organized.

Expand the Story Planning Option

I never did a story planning post this semester so I don't really think I can add any specific input on this. However, I do think that expanding it will help.

Create more audio recordings.

I love this idea! I think it would be great to offer an extra credit option for students to help you record the stories. 

Create writing tutorial videos

I think creating video tutorials would be a great way for students to improve their writing even more. It would also help students to better understand how to identify grammatical/writing errors. I think it would be good to make a video over comma splices and run-on sentences.

Create thematic reading units.

I am really not a fan of this idea. There were many themes in the course that I was not interested in. I like the way the reading units are organized now because there were a variety of stories to choose from each week. I always found something I was interested in reading. If thematic reading units were made, I could see some students not being interested in the theme and not doing any reading that week. Also, when there came a week with a theme that they were interested in, they would not be able to read all of the stories they were interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment