Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Image Information: inspiration quote about learning. Web Source: flickr.

In this class, I struggle with finding motivation, playing it safe and staying inside my comfort zone. Some of my strengths in this class are thinking long-term, being confident I can improve, and being willing to learn from my own mistakes.

In other classes, I struggle with much of the same issues. However, I also struggle with focusing too much on my grades, doing things at the last minute, and being a perfectionist. Some of my strengths are being open to any and all feedback and focusing on my progress.

In life, in general, I struggle with almost all of these at some point or another. I am an extreme perfectionist and always want to get things done right the first time. I am also really bad about comparing myself to others.

Since I am very open to feedback from others, I can use that feedback as much as possible to perfect my stories and writing skills. I can schedule out my time to make sure I do not leave things until the last minute. At the same time, I can focus more on the short term and take things one day at a time instead of being constantly focused on the long term. I can also rest assured that my writing does not have to be perfect because I can always revise it the next week.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I have similar issues. I find that it becomes difficult for me to keep from procrastinating. I am also open to constructive criticism as well as feedback, and I appreciate being able take them both well. It is difficult when you compare yourself to others to consider your work up-to-par. I hope that you can break that habit! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a lot of people ended up writing about the struggle of motivation this week. You mention that you often focus too much on grades and I do feel like that is one problem with college. Students often do what they need for the grades and sometimes doing just this can take away the point of learning. School teaches you that failing is bad, but there will be failures in everyone’s life after graduation without a doubt. No one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete